Before you use ZYTOMIL
Do not take ZYTOMIL:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to escitalopram or any of the ingredients in the formulation (see “WHAT ZYTOMIL CONTAINS”).
- If you are taking any other medication for depression such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI). At least 14 days should elapse between stopping such medication and starting with ZYTOMIL.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
ZYTOMIL must not be taken by children under the age of 18 years.
Take special care with ZYTOMIL:
- If you are an elderly person.
- If you have liver or kidney impairment.
- If you get seizures (epilepsy) or have a history thereof.
- If you have a condition called mania or have a history thereof.
- If you have pre-existing slow heart rate.
- If you have a condition called diabetes (high blood sugar).
- If you have suicidal thoughts.
Taking ZYTOMIL with food or drink:
The ZYTOMIL tablets can be taken with or without food.
Using other medicines with ZYTOMIL:
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist or healthcare profession if you need to take any other medicines for advice. If you are taking other medicines on a regular basis, including complementary or traditional medicines, the use of ZYTOMIL with these medicines may cause undesirable interactions. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking such medicines.
- Do not take any other medications to treat depression (for example monoamine oxidase inhibitors, imipramine, other serotonergic medicines and moclobemide) without consulting your doctor as they may interact with ZYTOMIL.
- Do not use alcohol while taking ZYTOMIL.
- ZYTOMIL may interact with medicines used to treat blood clotting such as warfarin. Consult your doctor if you are or have to use such medications.
- Medications used to treat heartburn or stomach ulcers such as cimetidine interact with ZYTOMIL. Your doctor should adjust your dose of ZYTOMIL if you are taking these medications together.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
DO NOT take ZYTOMIL if you are pregnant or suspect that you are pregnant. Contact you doctor immediately.
DO NOT take ZYTOMIL if you are breastfeeding.
Driving and using machinery:
ZYTOMIL may impair your ability to drive and use machinery. Take care if you feel dizzy, tired or drowsy while taking ZYTOMIL.